Paragliding Tour Q&A
1. WHEN CAN I MAKE RESERVATIONS?
- All up to you. You can fly almost throughout a year. However, we recommend you booking at least 7 days before the day you wish to fly. If there’s less than 7 days remaining before your desired date, you can just call us. Of course, you can book a few months before your desired date with our assurance of a fixed price.
2. WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN IF THE PARACHUTE FAILES TO OPEN WHEN TAKING OFF?
- Such situations never happen! Parachutes are already opened on the ground and we do not start our flight with jumping off. A parachute rises up overtop after we take a few steps, and finally our flight starts after another few steps. In fact, your flight already starts while steps are taken. Your flight is never something like jumping off a cliff.
3. IF PARACHUTE LINES BREAK OFF DURING FLIGHT?
- Parachute lines are not made of materials easy to break. Kevlar fibers are totally used for those lines. Since parachutes are renewed every year, it’s substantively assured that such a case never happen.
4. IS THERE A RESQUE PARACHUTE? WHO HAS THE PARACHUTE?
- Any pilot is carrying a rescue parachute with him/her with no exception. In any situation required to use it, a pilot throw it to open after he/she made the decision. A rescue parachute helps both pilot and passenger to land on the ground safely.
5. HOW DO PARAGLIDING ACCIDENTS HAPPEN? GENERALLY WHEN DO THEY HAPPEN? WHO CAUSES IT?
- Primary reasons of accidents are lack of experience and impatience. Paragliding is never as dangerous as it’s thought to be. Instead, it’s even one of extremely safe sports. Generally an accident may happen during takeoff or immediately after takeoff. Most accidents are caused by inexperienced solo pilots. Accident risks of tandem paragliding are exceptionally low.
6. I’M A BIT SCARED OF MY FIRST FLIGHT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- First of all, please calm down! Please remind yourself that you are going to join this special activity with a licensed professional person. They are gaining their lives by doing this business and they never risk themselves. We guarantee your safety is totally secured. Please do not take alcohol before your flight to enjoy it as much as you want.
7. WHAT CAN I WEAR FOR MY FLIGHT?
It depends on the season. In the summertime, you should wear a T-shirt, short-pants, sunglasses and spots shoes (If you have). If the weather is cooler, your pilot gives you a jump suits and gloves. If you do not have sports shoes, we have them to lend you. You are never allowed to fly without sports shoes. Also, please make sure to bring sunglasses with you as they’re one of important items.
8. WHAT SHOULDN’T I BRING WITH ME WHEN GOING FOR A FLIGHT?
- When you go for a flight, you are forbidden to carry a cellphone, coin, knife, hand bag, personal action/digital cameras with you for the safety of yourself and others. You are required to give those personal belongings to your pilot in the office or on the mountain before your flight. Your stuff will be returned to you soon after your landing.
9. I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING AS IT’LL BE MY FIRST FLIGHT. WHAT TO DO AT THE TAKEOFF POINT AND HOW TO ACT WHEN TAKING OFF?
- It makes no difference how many times you have ever flown. Everything is easy and simple. Your pilot can provide you brief information before the flight and then, you will not have to do anything other than walking and running a few steps (could be several steps according to the weather condition) forward!
10. HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE SKY?
- The flight duration will be ideally 25-30 min. after takeoff from Babadağ. However, according to weather and wind conditions and your wish, it may be shortened or lengthened. The minimum and maximum flight durations are 25 min. and 40 min. respectively (Those flight durations can change depending on the weather condition and location of the takeoff point).
11. ARE THERE ANY LIMITATIONS OF AGE, BODY HEIGHT AND WEIGHT FOR FLIGHT?
- Anyone between 5-75 years old can fly. The maximum weights are 99 kg for men and 85 kg for women. Safety is not secured if you are overweight. Your height should be under 190 cm.
12. I WENT FOR FLIGHT, BUT COULDN’T FLY DUE TO THE WEATHER CONDITION. NOW WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN?
- In such a case, your flight can be re-scheduled, or you will get the full refund unconditionally.
13. I WENT FOR FLIGHT, BUT I FELT TERRIBLY SCARED. WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN IF I GIVE UP THE FLIGHT?
- According to our experience, our customers give up their flight at the rate of 0.05%. You can get a full refund if the cancellation is made 24 hours before the planned flight time. If the cancellation is made for your personal reason after the time, you will not be able to receive a refund. In the case that the flight is cancelled due to weather conditions or other factors under our charge, the refund will be given.
14. IS IT COVERED BY INSURANCE?
– All tours purchased through our company are covered by insurance.
15. WHERE WILL I LAND ON?
- You will safely and comfortably land on the Belcekiz beach in Ölüdeniz.
16. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GO UP TO THE TAKEOFF POINT?
- It takes 30-35 min..
17. WHICH POINT IS TO BE USED FOR TAKEOFF?
- When arrived at the mountain top, your pilot decides which takeoff point to use according to wind conditions. Each pair’s flight starts in order.
18. IF THE ADVERSE WIND COMES, WHAT’LL HAPPEN?
- There’s nothing like adverse winds but air turbulence. In case of air turbulence, takeoff will not be performed. Both takeoff and landing should be performed always with head winds. In any case, your flight will never be performed in any exceptional conditions as it’s actually impracticable to flight. After takeoff, it doesn’t matter for the safety if the wind comes from any direction.
19. IS THERE ANY TIME TABLE FOR FLIGHTS?
- We offer 5 time slots (09:00-11:00-13:30-15:00-17:00) for paragliding every day, and you can choose and book any time slot suitable to you.
20. IS TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AVAILABLE?
– Transportation services are available 3 times a day. After your flight, we drop you at your hotel. There’s no extra charge for the service and the schedule will be informed on the day of your flight.